With SEO becoming an important part of marketing mix for businesses, it’s important they understand what to look for when searching for SEO Companies and Consultants. Here is a 7 point litmus test to evaluate a company to make sure they get the rankings promised by the consultant.
- You need to find the right keywords. How do customers find you? They conduct web searches based on keywords. Most business people don’t know that they can get data that will tell them what people are searching for. (And they can also get information on the competition for each keyword.) The task of a search engine optimization provider is to conduct research that strikes a balance between keyword relevancy and competition to decide which keywords to optimize. This research will increase your rankings within the search engine so that more of your customers will find you!
- On-page optimization is important. On page optimization is selecting the right headings, title tags, meta tags and 200 other such factors for your web page so that the search engines find your site. On page optimization doesn’t mean stuffing keywords. It doesn’t mean hiding text. An effective search engine optimization consultant knows the right way to get results.
- Off-page Optimization can be expensive and not necessarily effective. Other sites can link back to your site. However, not all links are created equally. Back links are the single most important factor that Google currently uses to rank sites. A knowledgeable search engine optimization company will get you quality back links that are relevant to your site. Getting irrelevant links doesn’t help and linking back to unreliable sites could get you banned from Google and other important search engines.
- Ranking is an indicator of the effectiveness of your search engine optimization (SEO) provider. So how do you know that your search engine optimization project is working? Sometimes you will not know. It’s even worse if you find out too late that your project is not working. You will know that your consultant is effective when you see changes in your site ranking. To ensure that you are working with an effective search engine optimization provider, select a company that can provide you with weekly ranking reports. Typically you should see changes in your rankings within a month of the start of your campaign if your consultant is working effectively and your site is more than one year old.
- You need to outsmart your SEO competition. The top ranking sites are your competition. They’re doing something right and they’re also making mistakes. An effective search engine optimization consultant will do a thorough competitive analysis to allow you to replicate their strengths and avoid their mistakes. This will ensure that your strategy outsmarts your competition.
- Beware of 100% guarantees. Google algorithms are constantly changing and no search engine optimization company can guarantee 100% that they can achieve rankings. Beware of search engine optimization companies that make promises that they can’t keep. This does not mean that a search engine optimization consultant holds no responsibility. It is possible that doing the appropriate work will be ineffective in 1 out of 100 sites. An honest search engine optimization company will disclose this to their customers before they begin work on the campaign.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is all about patience. Google attracts about 70% of the web traffic and is the most important search engine for most businesses. Google views new sites as less credible than established sites. It will take a one year old domain about 4 to 6 months to rank well for most keywords in Google depending on the competition. You can expect it to take about a year or more for a new domain to rank well.
About Top Ranks:
Top Ranks (Top Ranks SEO Company) is an international search engine optimization consulting company. Top Ranks works with growing internet companies who want to increase their web sales by driving relevant prospects to their website and maximize their web presence. Top Ranks unique search engine optimization strategies are designed to save their customers thousands of dollars in pay per click advertising and other expensive, but less effective marketing strategies. Top Ranks can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
Top Ranks is the 100% ethical Global Search Engine Optimization (SEO) company, helping you to optimize your site’s relevancy and visibility with search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN to improve your search positions